- This event has passed.
Whatcom Writes Deadline
October 16, 2022Free
Whatcom WRITES invites writers of all ages and experience levels to explore a theme inspired by the Whatcom READS book each year. Top entries are selected for publication in the Whatcom WRITES anthology and contributors are invited to read at a public presentation.
The theme for 2023 is BETWEEN FACT AND FICTION, drawn from Jess Walters’ novel, The Cold Millions.
Entries received are judged on a rubric that includes originality, design and creativity, demonstrated writing skills, and appropriateness to contest theme. Whatcom READS will publish a print and electronic anthology of the top entries received. People who submit top entries will be invited to make a public presentation of their work.
- One entry per person, 1,500-word limit.
- Poetry, fiction, and non-fiction are welcome.
- Entries are judged on their originality, design and creativity, demonstrated writing skill, and appropriateness to the contest theme.
How to Enter
- Please submit your MS Word document via this google form.
- Please include a short author bio (400 character max). First or third person acceptable.