The Art Challenge offers artists of all ages and experience levels an opportunity to explore themes related to this year’s Whatcom READS title and present their work for public display. Presented in collaboration with Allied Arts of Whatcom County.
How to Participate
- Read the book “To the Bright Edge of the World” by Eowyn Ivey. Books are available to borrow at any Bellingham and Whatcom County Library or for purchase at Village Books.
- Create an art piece inspired by the book.
- Download and bring this submission form (PDF) with your work on Monday or Tuesday, March 2 or 3, 2020 to submit your artwork for display at the Allied Arts Gallery.
- Membership with Allied Arts of Whatcom County is not required to submit an art work.
- Works will not be juried.
- All mediums, genres, and skill levels are welcome to participate in the exhibit.
- Space is limited and items will be showed on a first come, first hung basis.
- Limit one piece per person.
- Entry forms can be obtained at the Allied Arts Gallery downtown (1418 Cornwall Ave) or online at alliedarts.org.
- Applications will include an explanation on how the book inspired your art.
Participation is free of charge, and membership in Allied Arts of Whatcom County not required. For more details, visit the Allied Arts Art Challenge website or contact Allied Arts at 360-676-8548.