Current Size: 100%
Whatcom WRITES! 2016 theme is CHOICES
Have you struggled with difficult choices: to accept or reject; leave or stay?
Were the results different than you expected?
Have your choices changed the course of your life in unexpected ways?
How to submit:
- Write up to 800 words
- Send your entry via email to email@example.com
- In the subject line of your email please include your name, title of work, and word count
- In the body of the email please include your name, school if you attend one, community you live in, and phone number
- Submissions are limited to one entry per person
- Two MS Word documents should be attached separately to your email:
1) a biography (max 50 words) and
2) the submission (max 800 words)*
- Due October 9, 2015
- Poetry, fiction, and non-fiction welcome
- Printable flyer available here
*If you don't have access to Microsoft Word you can use computers at your local academic or public library.
Portions of a winning entry may be used rather than the whole. By submitting an entry, all writers grant permission to Whatcom READS! to share their writing in their publications. Rights return to the author upon publication.
Winners will be notified in October.
Winners will be invited to read at Village Books, Sunday, December 13th, and will receive one copy of the anthology. Additional copies will be available for purchase.